On behalf of the staff and governors of Pencoed Comprehensive School, we are delighted to invite you to our Year 5 and Year 6 open evening on Thursday 5th October 2023. The event will consist of an opportunity to meet the senior leadership team and key members of staff who will be supporting your child’s wellbeing. This includes Mrs Katie Joshua who will be Progress and Wellbeing Lead for our incoming Year 7 learners and Mrs Pring who leads the Wellbeing Hub. Through spending time with us, you will discover first-hand how we support all learners to learn, grow, thrive and flourish in our school community. Visits to Areas of Learning Experience will also take place and you will be able to speak to staff and learners about their experiences as a member of Pencoed Comprehensive School.
There will be two sessions running and please see the information below regarding timings:
- Session one – Parents and carers to meet in Canteen 5 at 4pm before undertaking a tour of the school which will last around 45 minutes
- Session two – Parents and carers to meet in Canteen 5 at 5pm before undertaking a tour of the school which will last around 45 minutes
Signage will be posted to direct you to the appropriate locations and members of Pencoed Sixth Form Centre will also be available to support.
On visiting the school, you will receive an overview of transition events for the year some of which include:
- Visits to the school in which the learners engage with Areas of Learning Experience to support their learning transition.
- Sports events such as the Year 5 Sports Day.
- Pencoed Comprehensive School staff visiting cluster primaries.
- Year 6 summer transition day in which learners meet their wellbeing coaches.
- Year 6 summer term parents meeting followed by our inaugural summer social for learners, parents and carers.
- Our Flourishing Families programme.
Alongside the transition events, you will also receive a termly “Flourish” transition newsletter which will keep you updated of the fantastic experiences children are undertaking in Pencoed, inform you of key events and give you further insight into our school community.
We are very much looking forward to meeting you and responding to any queries or questions that you may have. If you are unable to attend the open evening but would like to visit the school, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org .